Man City are preparing for Sergio Aguero & Fernandinho’s departures & how the Sky Blues plan to catch Liverpool - sports gala

sports news latest sports news today sports news today football sports news cricket best sports news sports news football national sports news sports news Pakistan today's cricket news headlines international news sports news India sports news Urdu daily sports news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Thursday, July 2, 2020

Man City are preparing for Sergio Aguero & Fernandinho’s departures & how the Sky Blues plan to catch Liverpool

Sergio Aguero & Fernandinho’s contract situations

32-year-old Sergio Aguero is hoping to be fit for Man City when the Champions League restarts in August.

Aguero is now recovering from a recent knee operation.

The Argentine, who has 16 goals in the Premier League this year, sustained the knee injury in a recent match against Burnley.

Aguero’s current contract with the Sky Blues expires in 2021.

Similarly, 35-year-old Brazilian Fernandinho is set to be out of contract next summer.

 

Man City are preparing for Sergio Aguero & Fernandinho’s departures

Pep Guardiola faced the press on Wednesday ahead of Thursday’s Premier League match against Liverpool.

During the presser, Guardiola admitted that Man City could lose Aguero and Fernandinho in 12-months time. He said:

Dinho and Sergio have one year left. I don’t know if they will extend or not.

Some players have to be replaced, but it’s not a disaster or a bad thing, it’s part of football [because of] the age.

What seems clear is that Man City are now approaching a major point of transition.

David Silva will leave the Etihad Stadium at the end of the current campaign, while the Sky Blues have previously lost the likes of Vincent Kompany.

 

How the Sky Blues plan to catch Liverpool

With so much change on the horizon, Man City have a major job on their hands to close the gap on Liverpool going forward.

How can City achieve that goal? According to Guardiola, the club is likely to have to buy their way out of their current predicament. He said:

We’d like to stay with the players who gave us what they did for the last decade and to be eternal, but we grow in years and sometimes we have to do it and replace them with new players.

We have to rebuild. It happens at clubs around the world. We have to accept it and try to take the right decisions to try to maintain the level that we have. We have exceptional players [but] after the season finishes we will reflect.

 

Watch Pep Guardiola’s press conference before Liverpool

 

Defenders & Jadon Sancho

So who could Man City target this summer to freshen up their side?

According to the Times, Guardiola’s top target is a new centre-half.

Possible targets include Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly, Villarreal’s Pau Torres and Benfica’s Ruben Dias.

However, one player who City aren’t likely to sign is Man United target Jadon Sancho. The Times report:

City will not replace (Leroy) Sané with Jadon Sancho.

Under the terms of Sancho’s transfer from City to Borussia Dortmund in 2017, his former club are entitled to match any accepted bid for the England international, but Guardiola says the 20-year-old will not return to the Etihad Stadium.

“He decided to leave, so why should he come back?” Guardiola said.

 

Also see: Kevin De Bruyne warned Thierry Henry he’d break his assist record a long time ago.

Sheffield United vs Tottenham Hotspur live streaming & betting tips.

Manchester City vs Liverpool FC live streaming & betting tips.



from Football (soccer) greatest goals and highlights | 101 Great Goals - Feed https://ift.tt/3ipuokC

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any doubt, please let me know.

Post Bottom Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Pages