Callum Hudson-Odoi denies rape allegations, impact on his Chelsea & England careers & what’s next legally - sports gala

sports news latest sports news today sports news today football sports news cricket best sports news sports news football national sports news sports news Pakistan today's cricket news headlines international news sports news India sports news Urdu daily sports news

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Callum Hudson-Odoi denies rape allegations, impact on his Chelsea & England careers & what’s next legally

Callum Hudson-Odoi denies rape allegations

Chelsea’s 19-year-old winger Callum Hudson-Odoi denies he committed rape.

On Monday, the Sun revealed that Callum Hudson-Odoi has been arrested.

According to the front page of the tabloid, Hudson-Odoi was taken into custody by police after a “4am model row”.

On Monday afternoon, the Daily Mail confirmed why the Chelsea teenager was arrested: he’s been accused of rape.

It was also reported that Hudson-Odoi had been released from jail on bail.

The Metropolitan Police have also released the following statement:

Police and London Ambulance Service were called at 3.53am on Sunday, May 17 to a report of an unwell woman.

When emergency services attended, a woman reported that she was raped. She was taken to hospital.

A man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of rape.

On Tuesday, the likes of the Athletic and the Telegraph have quoted the MailOnline, in reporting that Hudson-Odoi is arguing that he’s innocent.

The Athletic told their readers:

When asked about the charges, a representative of Hudson-Odoi, who said he was speaking on the player’s behalf, told MailOnline:

“He says he’s innocent. That’s all you need to know. He’s innocent, he hasn’t done anything wrong. We’ve got no other comment to make.”

There has been no comment from Chelsea or the 19-year-old himself about the original front-page story by The Sun newspaper.

 

Note: We can’t find these quotes on the MailOnline

While the Athletic and the Telegraph have both recycled these important quotes claiming that Hudson-Odoi believes he’s innocent, it has to be noted that these quotes appear to have been pulled from the Mail’s website.

After extensive searches this morning, we simply cannot find these quotes on the website anymore.

Does that mean these quotes have been retracted? We simply don’t have enough information to fill in these blanks.

Yet, we should also point out that the Daily Mail now tell their readers:

Hudson-Odoi’s representatives and Chelsea both declined to comment on Monday night.

 

Impact on his Chelsea career

Hudson-Odoi is under contract at Stamford Bridge until 2024.

On Monday, at the latest round of talks over Project Restart, Premier League clubs agreed to return to training today.

However, the Telegraph believe that Hudson-Odoi won’t appear at Chelsea’s first training session today due to his off-field problems.

Leaving the rape allegations to one side, Hudson-Odoi is likely to be quarantined after his rendezvous last weekend. The Telegraph report:

Hudson-Odoi, 19, is expected to miss Chelsea’s return to phase-one restricted training.

Having broken lockdown restrictions and come into contact with people outside his household, Hudson-Odoi is expected to be required to remain in isolation while providing a series of negative tests. Even a negative result for Hudson-Odoi is unlikely to mean he could restart training.

The Telegraph also report that Chelsea are “likely” to punish Hudson-Odoi for breaking social distancing rules.

While the paper fail to note how Chelsea will punish the winger, the assumption is that Hudson-Odoi will be fined.

On the wider issue of the rape allegations, to repeat, Chelsea have yet to comment on the situation. However, the Athletic predict:

Whatever happens from now on, Hudson-Odoi has a battle on his hands.

 

Impact on his England career

Hudson-Odoi has represented England on three occasions.

However, the Times believe that the teenager may have a tough time playing for Gareth Southgate in the near future.

The Times note that, like Chelsea, the FA are yet to react to the rape allegations.

Moreover, the paper note that the FA no longer have a ‘code of conduct’ for their players.

So how are disciplinary issues dealt with at this level? The Times report:

As was the case when Raheem Sterling, the Manchester City forward, clashed with Liverpool’s Joe Gomez on England duty at St George’s Park this season, disciplinary matters are dealt with at Southgate’s discretion after consultation with the senior players on the leadership group.

 

Hudson-Odoi: What’s next legally?

The Athletic summarise what’s next for Hudson-Odoi from the legal side of things:

The next update on the legal side of things will have to wait another month after Hudson-Odoi was released on bail. 

Backing up the Athletic, The Times also note that Hudson-Odoi “has been bailed to return in mid-June”.

 

Callum Hudson-Odoi has already had Covid-19

On March 13, Hudson-Odoi posted a video on Instagram revealing his Covid-19 story. He said:

I am feeling perfect. I had the virus which has cleared now.

I fully feel good, I feel fit, so I am feeling back to myself so it is all good.

I had it [coronavirus] three weeks ago now I think, on a Monday when I felt a bit hot.

The next day I was feeling back to normal. I thought it was just a minor temperature thing, but obviously it wasn’t.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

Thank you for all your good wishes, as I said in the video I’m feeling good and hope to see you all soon!!🙏🏾❤️

A post shared by Callum Hudson-Odoi (@calteck10) on

 

Also see: Best Netflix, Amazon & YouTube football documentaries & movies to watch during coronavirus isolation

9 best football documentaries to watch on ESPN+ during COVID-19 quarantine



from Football (soccer) greatest goals and highlights | 101 Great Goals - Feed https://ift.tt/3dW3AFM

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any doubt, please let me know.

Post Bottom Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Pages