Sky Sports push Man United £50m Jadon Sancho story
Earlier this week Sky Sports claimed that Man United are only willing to spend £50m to sign Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund.
Of course, Sancho has been linked to Man United for months.
In one spot of good news for the Red Devils, Man City’s Pep Guardiola has categorically ruled out the possibility of Sancho returning to the Etihad Stadium.
So has that left the door open for United? Possibly, although Sky Sports claimed that United have put a cap on the amount they are willing to pay for Sancho:
Manchester United will not pay more than £50m for Jadon Sancho, senior club officials have told Sky Sports News.
Officials behind the scenes at Old Trafford believe Dortmund’s valuation does not sufficiently reflect the costly fallout from the coronavirus pandemic and must be cut substantially if a deal is to be reached.
Manchester United are adamant they won’t pay over the odds for Jadon Sancho – with senior club officials insisting they’ll refuse to part with more than £50m for the England winger.
— Sky Sports News (@SkySportsNews) June 30, 2020
Athletic reporter Laurie Whitwell analyses the Sky Sports transfer rumour
In the latest edition of the Talk of the Devils podcast on the Athletic, reporter Laurie Whitwell has flagged up all the problems with the Sky Sports transfer rumour.
That lead to the following, illuminating comment. Laurie Whitwell said:
I never really want to knockdown other people’s stories, it’s hard to get stories… but I made a couple of calls.
£50m for Sancho just didn’t seem right to me, particularly coming from United as it was reported.
There are two major problems with the Sky Sports report.
Firstly, if Man United value Sancho at £50m, that’s likely to devalue those Man United’s players who the club are trying to sell this summer.
Secondly, Man United spent around £50m last summer signing Aaron Wan-Bissaka from Crystal Palace. So is it realistic that Sancho is sold for that same price? Surely not.
Listen to the Sancho update on the Athletic after 24 minutes on the audio unit below.
Borussia Dortmund set a deadline for the Jadon Sancho deal
According to reports coming out of Germany, Borussia Dortmund are planning to have Sancho in their squad at the start of next season.
On Wednesday night, Funke Sport claimed that BVB have set Sancho a deadline to complete a summer move.
There’s still no official start date for the 2020-21 Bundesliga season, however September 11 and 18 have been earmarked.
While the summer transfer window will remain open until October 5, Funke Sport say that Dortmund will hold onto Sancho – who still has 2 years to run on his contract – if a deal isn’t completed before the start of the league in September.
Der @BVB muss wegen #Corona sparen. Ein Verkauf von @Sanchooo10 könnte frisches Geld bringen – der Klub will aber nicht zu lange auf Klarheit warten. (€)https://t.co/4ZHbQ2QgZL
— Funke Sport (@FunkeSport) July 1, 2020
Also see: Sheffield United vs Tottenham Hotspur live streaming & betting tips.
Manchester City vs Liverpool FC live streaming & betting tips.
from Football (soccer) greatest goals and highlights | 101 Great Goals - Feed https://ift.tt/2YQGBqO
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you have any doubt, please let me know.