Bournemouth: Ryan Fraser refuses to sign extension
Scottish international Ryan Fraser has refused to agree a contract extension with Bournemouth.
Fraser’s current deal with the Cherries expires on June 30.
Bournemouth have today released a statement confirming that Fraser has rejected an offer to stay at the club until the end of the campaign.
That’s a major blow for manager Eddie Howe, whose club are third bottom of the league.
We can also confirm that Ryan Fraser has declined to sign a short-term contract extension. #afcb 🍒https://t.co/JEsuO4juxW
— AFC Bournemouth (@afcbournemouth) June 17, 2020
Ryan Fraser previously admitted he didn’t play for the team
Bournemouth fans are unlikely to remember Ryan Fraser fondly when he finally leaves the club.
Back in January, the Scot revealed that he’d failed to give his all for the team in the first half of the season.
At that time, Fraser pledged to do everything to help the Cherries moving forward. He said:
I wasn’t myself, I didn’t play for the team. I’m honest enough to admit that.
I look back at it. I spoke to my family about it and it just looked bad on me. I didn’t help the team.
It shouldn’t have taken me that long to realise, but I’m my own worst critic and I apologised to the lads.
All I can really say is that, for the next six months, I’ll give everything for the club.
I’ve just talked about the last four months. That won’t be happening again. I can give everything, I can track back, I can try to get my assists and goals to help the club get to where it should be in the Premier League.
After that, I don’t really know what’s going to happen. But that is all I can promise.
I’ll fight for club, I’ll fight for the badge, I’ll fight for my team-mates, I’ll fight for the manager and fans.
“I didn’t play for the team”
Ryan Fraser has admitted he’s not been a team player this season ahead of his likely departure in the summer
The Bournemouth winger told @kristemple that he’s regained focus and will give everything until the end of the season 🔊👇 #afcb pic.twitter.com/LZEeACtQEN
— BBC Solent Sport (@solentsport) January 30, 2020
Confusion if he’ll play against Crystal Palace & Wolves
Of course, Fraser remains under contract at the Vitality Stadium for another few weeks.
During that time, Bournemouth take on Crystal Palace at home and Wolves away.
Leaving aside the question of whether Eddie Howe should pick Fraser in these matches, the bigger question is will he?
The Bournemouth Echo have suggested that Fraser could well be named in the squads for the Crystal Palace and Wolves games:
The 26-year-old’s deal expires on June 30, meaning he would still be under contract to play in Saturday’s home game with Crystal Palace, as well as next Wednesday’s clash at Wolves.
However, ITV are claiming that Fraser won’t play for the Cherries ever again.
Bournemouth have confirmed they will be without Ryan Fraser for the remainder of the campaign.
— ITV Football (@itvfootball) June 17, 2020
At least David Brooks is back…
Even if Fraser doesn’t feature, Eddie Howe will be able to call on David Brooks once again.
Brooks is again available for selection following a long injury. He’s yet to feature this season.
Also see: AFC Bournemouth vs Crystal Palace live streaming & betting tips.
Aston Villa vs Sheffield United preview: Premier League live streaming & betting tips.
Manchester City vs Arsenal preview: Premier League live streaming and betting tips.
from Football (soccer) greatest goals and highlights | 101 Great Goals - Feed https://ift.tt/3hDfwyH
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you have any doubt, please let me know.