Jurgen Klopp speaks to Sky Germany
Sky Germany have spoken to Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp this weekend on a range of issues from politics to the transfer market.
Liverpool’s squad posed for a striking image last week in the aftermath of the George Floyd killing in America.
The Liverpool team all knelt around the centre-cirle at Anfield in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement.
The entire squad knelt in Anfield’s centre circle ahead of today’s training session in a powerful show of support for the #BlackLivesMatter movement.
Unity is strength: https://t.co/2BN18U4jIY pic.twitter.com/oVE5RgNMmh
— Liverpool FC (at 🏠) (@LFC) June 1, 2020
Klopp spoke about how that picture came about in his Sky interview:
For us, dealing with each other and Black Lives Matter is very natural – especially if you look at our team: we have players from Africa, from England and so on with a corresponding background. It is already so natural for us that at first we didn’t even think about sending a message.
But then the boys were struck. Then they spontaneously decided on this action. I’ve been very proud of the guys for a long time, but that was another extraordinary moment. When I saw them there and this picture was taken. Then I was really proud because it is also an important message.
Jürgen Klopp mit wichtigen Worten zu #Blacklivesmatter ✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
Das ausführliche Interview im Rahmen eines „Jürgen Klopp Spezial“ gibt es in der Erstausstrahlung heute um 20:00 Uhr auf Sky Sport 2. 📺🔥
Und nicht vergessen: Ab 17. Juni rollt der Ball wieder in England!#SkyPL pic.twitter.com/S8J9SDH3jL
— Sky Sport (@SkySportDE) June 6, 2020
Why Liverpool dropped out of Timo Werner race
After months of claims that RB Leipzig striker Timo Werner would be joining Liverpool this summer, that deal collapsed at the back-end of last week.
Chelsea are on the verge of signing the 24-year-old German striker instead.
Analysts are now trying to pick apart why Liverpool pulled out of the Werner transfer. Some have commented that Liverpool’s front three – Sadio Mane, Roberto Firmino and Mo Salah – may have prevented Werner from playing at Anfield.
Yet, for Klopp, the reason why Liverpool have backed out of signing Werner is due to financial constraints during the Covid-19 pandemic. Klopp said:
Timo Werner is a great player, Kai Havertz is a great player.
Right time, opportunity – everything has to come together. Six, seven weeks ago, we didn’t know if we could play again this year.
If we hadn’t played the second half of the season, we would have thought, ‘OK, when can you really play football again?’ And now it starts right away.
There are all sorts of rumours in England about who Manchester United are going to pick, Chelsea are going to pick.
It’s rather quiet here (at Liverpool) at the moment, I think it’s safe to say. If you want to take it seriously and run a normal business and depend on income and have no idea how much you will earn… especially because we don’t know when we can start playing with spectators again.
At the moment, all clubs are losing money. Without spectators, we have to pay back the season tickets and probably sell none next year. At least maybe without the first 10 or 15 games. The VIP areas won’t be packed and the tickets won’t be sold. This will have an impact on other partners and things will look a bit different.
Discussing with the players about things like salary waivers and on the other hand buying a player for £50-60m, we have to explain.
When Chelsea can expect the Timo Werner transfer to be finalised
Liverpool’s loss appears to be Chelsea’s gain.
It’s been widely reported that Chelsea have gobbled up the opportunity to sign Wener for a little over 50 million pounds.
But is there any possibility that Werner doesn’t end up at Chelsea?
On Saturday, RB Leipzig’s managing director Oliver Mintzlaff told Sky Germany that the Werner-Chelsea deal isn’t done yet:
We haven’t had an exchange yet. He signalled a few weeks ago that he was busy with a transfer (but) we are concentrating on the final sprint in the league and we want to qualify for the Champions League.
“Bis jetzt hat weder Werner die Klausel gezogen, noch hat irgendein Verein uns einen Transfervertrag geschickt”, ergänzt Mintzlaff. 👀 #skybuli #skytransfer pic.twitter.com/QE8sMOvWBO
— Sky Sport (@SkySportDE) June 6, 2020
That said, a couple of reporters have batted away any suggestions that the Werner to Chelsea transfer may implode.
According to Fabrizio Romano, “Chelsea have a ‘verbal agreement’ with Timo Werner and they’re convinced he’s on his way to Stamford Bridge for next season.”
No contracts exchanged and nothing officially signed as Leipzig director told today. But Chelsea have a “verbal agreement” with Timo Werner and they’re convinced he’s on his way to Stamford Bridge for next season. Paperworks are almost ready. 🔵 #CFC #Chelsea #transfers
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) June 6, 2020
The Daily Telegraph’s Matt Law has also added that Chelsea coule announce the Werner deal in the next 7-days.
But, even if they don’t, “whenever it is, Werner’s on his way to (Chelsea).”
Leipzig are not listed on German stock exchange so they and Chelsea can officially announce a deal on Werner whenever is mutually beneficial. Could be next week, could be at end of Bundelsiga season or when Leipzig are out of the CL. Whenever it is, Werner’s on his way to #cfc
— Matt Law (@Matt_Law_DT) June 6, 2020
from Football (soccer) greatest goals and highlights | 101 Great Goals - Feed https://ift.tt/2YaphvC
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you have any doubt, please let me know.