Newcastle United takeover is still on
What’s going on with Newcastle United’s takeover?
Why haven’t the Saudi’s been announced as the club’s new owners already?
Are the Premier League actually going to shut this buyout down?
It’s been weeks since Newcastle fans were told that the Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund were prepared to pay Mike Ashley 300 million pounds for the club.
Last week, the big update was that pressure was being ramped up on the Premier League to shoot down the deal.
The Saudis stand accused of running pirate broadcasting company BeoutQ, which is based in Cuba, who air Premier League matches in the Gulf without any legal rights.
However, despite these commercial objections, according to the latest updates, the Newcastle takeover is still a goer.
Reporter Alan Nixon has told his followers that, while the Premier League continue to “shuffle a few more papers”, the deal still appears to be on.
Might have a wait yet. Premier League shuffle a few more papers. Still think it happens. Why wouldn’t it? https://t.co/BlCLapWNvw
— Alan Nixon (@reluctantnicko) May 18, 2020
Similarly, the Athletic’s George Caulkin continues to tell his followers to be patient and positive, adding the Saudis have “signed the contract!”
It’s a long term investment. They’ve also signed the contract!
— George Caulkin (@GeorgeCaulkin) May 18, 2020
If that’s what it takes, fine. Try and switch off from it. I do.
— George Caulkin (@GeorgeCaulkin) May 18, 2020
In less verified news, former Newcastle defender Olivier Bernard has told the Football Matters show that he’d heard the deal might be announced today:
I’ve heard it’s happening tomorrow [Tuesday]. I hope it is. I’ve had enough of it! Hopefully it will be official.
Olivier Bernard had this to say on last night’s programme and it’s some potentially exciting news on the #NUFCTakeover and lovers of #cans: “Hopefully tomorrow [today] it is official…”
You can hear Olly’s comments at 36:45 and 51:50 here: https://t.co/hXKeWi1crh pic.twitter.com/Eh58aMPABX
— Football Matters (@footymatterstv) May 19, 2020
Steve Bruce is fed up with watching MasterChef
Newcastle United are returning to training this week as the Premier League ramp up their efforts to restart the 2019-20 season.
To mark the occasion, Newcastle have posted a short video from manager Steve Bruce on Twitter.
Bruce revealed his thoughts on how football would help the morale of the nation if it manages to come back. He said:
How good would it be to see a couple of Premier League games, rather than a cookery programme?
No disrespect to cookery and quiz games. But I think we’re all fed up with these MasterChefs and these quiz programmes.
Today, Newcastle United’s players will start returning to the training ground in small groups as they begin their preparations for the proposed resumption of the 2019/20 Premier League campaign.
Steve Bruce has been speaking to NUFC TV.
Watch now: https://t.co/jNO913DAgx #NUFC pic.twitter.com/hw6J1az2Pq
— Newcastle United FC (@NUFC) May 19, 2020
However, Bruce has previously also voiced his concern at restarting Premier League football too early.
In a recent interview in the Telegraph, Bruce outlined his concerns about players’ fitness, arguing that the league shouldn’t resume for some time yet:
You have to remember that they have had eight weeks off and that is probably the longest break some of these players have had in their careers.
We need enough preparation time to get these players into shape or they are just going to fall down like a pack of cards. Most of the managers have the same concerns.
We would need at least six weeks. I don’t see how we can play games until the back end of June.
Exclusive interview: Newcastle United manager Steve Bruce tells @LukeEdwardsTele there is widespread opposition to the Premier League’s plans to restart on June 12 – https://t.co/qDxMS7rLSl
— Telegraph Football (@TeleFootball) May 16, 2020
Also see: Best Netflix, Amazon & YouTube football documentaries & movies to watch during coronavirus isolation
9 best football documentaries to watch on ESPN+ during COVID-19 quarantine
from Football (soccer) greatest goals and highlights | 101 Great Goals - Feed https://ift.tt/2X92AaG
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you have any doubt, please let me know.